2018 Recycling Events
- Spring - Saturday, March 17 at Hogan Park at Russell Road, 24400 Russell Road
- Full list of ACCEPTED and NOT ACCEPTED items
- Summer - Saturday, June 2 at Kent Phoenix Academy (formerly Sequoia Junior High), 11000 SE 264 St.
- Fall - Saturday, October 20 at Hogan Park at Russell Road, 24400 Russell Road
Household Hazardous Waste
Items with labels that say "CAUTION", "WARNING", "DANGER", or "POISON" are considered Household Hazardous Wastes.
King County residents can safely dispose of hazardous materials at no charge at the Auburn Wastemobile every Saturday and Sunday, except major holidays, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at The Outlet Collection - 1101 Outlet Collection Dr. SW. The Wastemobile is located in the northwest corner of the mall parking lot (near Nordstrom Rack and the loading docks). More information at HazWasteHelp.org or call 206-296-4692.
Still have items you don't know how to properly dispose of?
- Republic Services offers simple solutions for "Special Items Recycling" right at your curb.
- Visit King County's "What Do I Do With?" page to find businesses that accept materials for recycling, donations and disposal.
- Paint: Latex vs. Oil-Based
- Latex paint, water-based stains and clear finishes can now be recycled by dropping them off at any Take it Back Network location. It can also be donated or get dried out and placed in your garbage.
- Oil-Based paint, solvents and other hazardous products can be taken to the King County Wastemobile.