LEARN MORE and REGISTER FOR EVENTS BELOW!
Why We Do It:
Because trees and natural green spaces are important, and provide essential community benefits such as
- Reduced storm water runoff,
- Improved air and water quality,
- Reduced greenhouse gases,
- Attractive communities,
- Increased property values, and
- Improved quality of life.
Why You Should Do it Too:
Because you want Kent to stay healthy and green for generations to come! Kent's natural areas depend on people like you to help remove aggressive weeds, help plant native trees and shrubs, and help maintain healthy, beneficial ecosystems.
NOTE: A Minor Waiver Form is required for all volunteers under age 18.
This annual event is the best known and largest environmental stewardship effort in the world. Join us as we nurture and celebrate our special corner of planet Earth!
REGISTER NOW for the 2019 Event: April 20, 2019 at Clark Lake Park
Earth Day is one of the most celebrated conservation events worldwide. Join us with your friends and family as Kent Parks celebrates Earth Day at Clark Lake Park. This year we will be helping improve grassland habitat by providing some TLC to existing plantings and preparing the site for future habitat improvements.
- All volunteers under the age of 18 must have a signed minor waiver form.
- Volunteers are required to wear close-toed shoes. Volunteers should wear clothing and footwear they don’t mind getting dirty
- Be prepared for inclement or changing weather by dressing in layers.
- Tools, gloves, water and a light snack will be provided at the event. Bring a refillable water bottle to reduce waste.
NAVIGATION ADDRESS – Martin Sortun Elementary, 12711 SE 248th Kent WA 98030 (SEE MAP)
- Street parking on SE 248th Street across from park entrance
- Martin Sortun Elementary School parking lot
- Do not block any roadways, gates, mailboxes or entrances.
- USE CAUTION when crossing SE 248th Street..
April 18, 2020 at Morrill Meadows Park
Join our local event as we take part in this national celebration of America's precious and beautiful public lands.
September 28, 2019 at Lake Fenwick Park
September 26, 2020 at Lake Fenwick Park
This popular annual event focuses on keeping Kent's beloved Clark Lake Park healthy and inviting, for every species of visitor!
October 12, 2019 at Clark Lake Park
October 10, 2020 at Clark Lake Park
Formerly known as Green Kent Day, Kent's familiar annual environmental event has changed its name, but not its purpose. We will see you again this year!
October 26, 2019 at Lake Fenwick Park
October 24, 2020 at Morrill Meadows Park
Although Arbor Day is formally celebrated in the spring, most trees thrive best when planted in autumn, so that's when we do it. Come help us!
November 16, 2019 at Riverview Park
November 14, 2020 at Riverview Park