Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS) is a group of dedicated residents who assist Kent Police Department employees by providing limited services to the community.
The Kent Police Department is proud to have a team of volunteers who help with the following programs:
- Disabled parking enforcement
- Fingerprinting services for Concealed Pistol License applicants who live within Kent city limits (volunteers do not fingerprint suspects or prisoners)
- Office (miscellaneous clerical duties)
- TNT (Tagging Neutralization Team - graffiti removal)
- Volunteer Patrol
Do YOU want to join the VIPS Team?
The selection criteria includes:
- Legal U.S. resident
- 18 years of age or older
- Live, work, or have an interest in the City of Kent
- Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- No criminal record and/or association with criminal activity
- No substance abuse issues
Once accepted, the Police Department will schedule appropriate orientation. We provide all training, uniforms, and necessary equipment.
If you are interested please send us an e-mail. The VIPS desk is not staffed full time.
We look forward to you joining our team!