We look forward to seeing you and your neighbors on Tuesday August 7, 2018 for National Night Out!
What is National Night Out?
National Night Out (NNO) is a time for neighbors to get together and "Give Crime a Going Away Party."
Where Do I Start?
Think about what kind of event will work for you and your neighborhood. Are there a lot of kids in the neighborhood? Who is your target audience? Examples of past events: barbecues, potlucks, appetizers, desserts, ice cream socials, baked potato bars, cookies and milk, pie eating contests, water fights, yard sales, tricycle races, cleaning up graffiti, parading though the neighborhood, games, crafts, mini-carnival, or simply set up tables and chairs for people to just visit. The options are endless.
- Line up helpers so that you can divide up the work. Determine the best place in your neighborhood to have the event and then identify start and end times for your event. Typical events run from 5 - 9 p.m.
- Make a list of everything needed for your event such as tents, tables, chairs, plates, silverware, and napkins.
- Designate a photographer! Everyone will love to have pictures of the event afterwards and we use photos for the NNO award application. Email them to us!
- Here is an invitation you can fill out and print/send! Give your neighbors plenty of notice. Post flyers or make phone calls too!
- On National Night Out, have someone pick up giveaways at the Kent Police Department
- Have name tags for everyone - it's easier to break the ice with a name.
- Make visiting teams feel welcome. And, make sure you invite them to have some food. Visiting teams can consist of city officials such as the mayor and city council members, police officers, fire fighters, and other city employees.
- Even if you are not sure about what to do for this year's event, you may still register!
Please complete this form to register your neighborhood for NNO 2018! National Night Out Registration
Registration deadline is July 31, 2018
After you register, here is more information about when to pick up your bags etc.
For more information contact Stacy Judd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-856-5883