Code Enforcement

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Code Enforcement utilizes a variety of tools in an effort to achieve compliance. Education is our primary tool as many individuals may be unaware they are violating City Codes.  Most of the time, we can work with the responsible party and provide a time frame to resolve the issue without penalty. 


A complaint can be filed by calling 253-856-5409, by emailing  

Please be sure to have the following information: 

  • Nature of the violation (photos are usually helpful)
  • Street address of the violation (if you don't know the address go to King County Parcel Viewer)
  • Description of any vehicles (including License Number) or other items involved in the complaint

What Types Of Codes Do We Enforce?

  • Blight on private properties 
  • Building and Property Maintenance code violations

Common issues we deal with:

Junk or inoperable vehicles, accumulated garbage and debris, graffiti, overgrown vegetation