To reach us, or file a complaint:
Code Enforcement's job is to help keep Kent safe and beautiful. We almost always take an educate-first approach as people are often unaware that they are violating City Codes. Most of the time, we can provide a time frame to resolve issues without penalty. We work proactively to solve problems, but mostly respond to complaints from the community.
Can be filed by phone at 253-856-5409, or email CodeEnforcement@KentWA.gov.
Please be sure to have the following information:
- Description of the violation (if you can, PLEASE email us photos, they're really helpful)
- Street address of the violation (if you don't know the address go to King County Parcel Viewer)
- Description of any vehicles ,including license plate number, or other items involved in the complaint.
What Types Of Codes Do We Enforce?
- Blight on private properties
- Building and Property Maintenance code violations
Common issues we deal with:
Junk or inoperable vehicles, accumulated garbage and debris, graffiti, overgrown vegetation