2018 Track Season
Schedules & Standings:
- Daily Meet Information
- Youth Track is a joint program between the City of Kent Parks Department and the Kent School District.
- Program is limited to participating Kent School District schools and their students.
- If a school does not have a coach or chooses not to participate, students from the school are not eligible to participate.
- Registration fee is $41 on or before Saturday, March 3, 2018.
- Registrations received after March 4 cannot be guaranteed a shirt prior to their first meet.
- No registrations will be accepted after March 30, 2018.
- Schools are divided into two divisions: Cascade (Mon/Wed) and Olympic (Tue/Thurs)
- All meets start at 4:30 pm and are held at Wilson Playfields.
- Absolutely no track shoes with any type of spikes are allowed. Metal cleats, spikes or shoes with the spikes removed are not allowed. Tennis shoes or rubber molded cleats only.
- Parents are responsible for transportation to and from practices and meets.
- No track meets will be held during Kent School District Spring Break.
- The Junior Olympics will be held on Saturday, May 12, 2018 at French Field, Kent-Meridian High School. Cascade Division starts at 9 am and the Olympic Division starts at 1 pm.
- Junior Olympic participants are selected by the team coach.
- Kent Parks, Recreation and Community Services will no longer be hosting the annual Hershey's Track Meet as Hershey's has discontinued this program.
Wilson Playfields Track Information
- Tennis shoes or rubber-molded cleats are the only approved shoes allowed.
- No track shoes with any type of spikes or designated for spikes are allowed.
- Metal cleats, spikes, or shoes with the cleats/spikes removed are not allowed.
- Track meets start at 4:30 p.m. and are scheduled Monday - Thursday; Fridays for possible rainout make-ups.
- No Track meets the week of Spring Break (April 9-13)
Participants are not allowed to wear any jewelry (necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc.) while playing. Those participants that have medical I.D. bracelets may wear a wristband over the bracelet. Hair control devices may be worn if made of soft material and not for adornment.