- Through a partnership with community agencies, this program is offered at Meeker, Meridian and Mill Creek Middle Schools.
- Students must register at Meridian, but the program is free. At Meeker and Mill Creek the registration is at the school. More information on the program can be found in the schools main office.
Each location has its own activities, classes and special events.
The goals of the program:
- To provide positive after school activities and a safe, structured and supervised environment for middle school students.
- This program is perfect for students not involved in school sports or school activities, or between sports and programs their school offers.
Did you know?
- Effective after school programs bring a wide range of benefits to youth, families and communities. After school programs can boost academic performance, reduce risky behaviors, promote physical health, and provide a safe, structured environment for the children of working parents
- Effective after school programs can improve classroom behavior, school attendance, academic aspirations, and can reduce the likelihood that a student will drop out.
- After school programs can play an important role in encouraging physical activity and good dietary habits. Participation in after school programs has been associated with positive health outcomes, including reduced obesity.