Kent Parks Summer Resident Camp 2019
July 29 - August 2
Summer + Camp = Best Summer Ever
Make your child’s summer the best ever by sending them to Kent Parks Summer Resident Camp
- A week-long overnight camp for boys and girls entering 5th- 7th grade in the fall of 2019.
- Located at the base of Mt. Si, in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains, 4 miles east of North Bend.
- For 40 years our summer resident camp program has provided a safe environment that meets each camper’s physical, emotional and developmental needs.
- Campers are provided with healthy meals, a place to sleep, and a safe place to call home for 5 days/4 nights.
- They will engage in positive interactions, work in teams, build communication skills, and make new friends.
- Opportunities that build confidence and promote mutual respect will help campers be creative, solve problems, step out as leaders, have fun, and feel successful.
- Campers will have the time of their lives as they develop these amazing life skills.
Camp runs overnight beginning on Monday and ending on Friday. During this time campers engage in activities with their cabin, larger activity groups, table groups, and with the camp as a whole. These include hiking, swimming, crafts, singing, team-building exercises including low ropes courses, skits, dancing, meals, campfires, guest entertainers, games, and camp-wide team challenges. These activities are designed to meet our core principles and build self-confidence in each camper.
Camp is nestled in the woods on 360 acres of land. Campers are housed in cabins that accommodate 10 people with individual beds and mattresses; cabins are supervised by 2 counselors each. A modern kitchen, lavatories with showers, and electric heat blend with the natural environment to provide comfortable living. A pool, fire tower, campfire area, and play fields are also available. Healthy meals are prepared for the campers and served family style in the dining hall. A fee of $450 includes transportation, cabin accommodations, supervision, all meals while at camp, supplies, and camp shirt. Scholarship assistance may be available (residency and other restrictions apply) – please contact Kent Parks at 253-856-5030.
Camp is co-directed by Mr. Cameron and Miss Lisa. Both have been on senior staff for over 30 years. They are supported by 7 other senior staff leaders with an average of 20-30 years with the Kent Parks camp.
All counselors have experience in working successfully with children, participate in an extensive training weekend held prior to camp, and have passed background checks. Many counselors work in education and in leadership capacities; 85% of the counselors are returning.
Parent and camper information night will be held at the Kent Commons on Wednesday, May 29 and June 19 from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm in the Olympic Room. A $100 non-refundable/non-transferable deposit will hold your child’s spot. Call 253-856-5030 for more information.
Would you or your business like to sponsor a child at camp or help with camp supply costs?
Download the attached 2019 Sponsorship form