Friday, November 30, 2018 – 10 am to 5 pm
Saturday, December 1, 2018 – 9 am to 4 pm
FREE ADMISSION for the Public
This two-day event features over 100 vendors with unique, handcrafted gifts at the Kent Commons Community Center conveniently located at 525 4th Avenue North, Kent WA 98032. This event attracts vendors and visitors from throughout Western Washington. The bazaar will also offer musical entertainment, food, and beverages for all shoppers.
How to become a vendor:
Mail applications to:
Holiday Bazaar c/o Kent Commons
525 4th Ave N.
Kent, WA 98032
SPACE IS LIMITED WITH HIGH NUMBER OF VENDORS
RETURNING FROM PREVIOUS SHOW!
Selection Committee Criteria:
• All vendors and products will be subject to a jury process. All types of handcrafted, non-imported and non-commercial work are considered. Our objective is to create a colorful and varied display of high quality, handmade crafts and artworks at the Holiday Bazaar.
• A Selection Committee will review all applications. The Committee strives to provide a balance and variety of crafts/artwork for the show. Some crafts may be limited.
• The work of all prospective vendors must be screened. All items in the Holiday Bazaar must be handcrafted in the U.S. and designed by the artist, not from kits or component parts or purchased for resale, or a process of mass production. Imported handmade items are considered commercial products and will not be accepted. In fairness to all vendors, please adhere to these rules.
• Only items screened and accepted will be allowed. Applicants will be judged on written materials received and criteria will include handcrafted, high quality, original artworks and crafts, price range of craft and available space.
• If you do more than one craft, please make sure all are represented for screening and meet the above criteria. Only items screened and accepted will be allowed. Again, this is in fairness to other crafts vendors and those not selected during the jury process.
Selection Committee will meet two times out of the year to judge applications. Applicants will only be juried during the given timelines when you turned in your application.
• 1st Vendor Selection Process - applications turned in by June 9 will be juried from June 9 - June 23. Notification letters will be mailed or emailed by June 23.
• Final Vendor Selection Process - applications turned in by September 1 will be juried from September 1 - September 15. Notification letters will be mailed or emailed by September 15.
Selection Committee Criteria:
Presentation pages should be 8.5x11”, must include your NAME, PHOTOS of ALL
CRAFT CATEGORIES you wish to sell, PRICES, and DIMENSIONS for each item.
• These pages may include photos, color prints, drawings, text, or whatever best
represents your work. Some close-up photos of your craft are appreciated as
well as a picture of your booth setup.
• Please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope of appropriate size if you
want your photos or color copies returned. Otherwise, they will be disposed of
after the selection process.
Some Quick Facts
Fee- $100.00 for vendors (additional fee - $10 electricity)
Booth Space—Booths are approximately 9’ × 9’ and may vary slightly depending on location.
Marketing Plan—The Holiday Bazaar is promoted through a regional market effort comprised of print releases; direct mail; flyers; posters; trade magazines; holiday/bazaar guides; paid advertising; Kent TV21; Kent Commons reader board, City of Kent Inbox; Kent Arts Commission newsletter (circ. 5,000) and Kent Parks Program Guide (circ. 50,000).