The Kent Community Garden faces a familiar challenge every year to get our space fully prepared for the season. The lack of permanent foot paths between plots means we have to re-establish them annually so our gardeners have full access to their plots and to water spigots.
We need YOUR help! Please join our gardeners, friends and local students as we once again lay paths with wood chips (see pics below) to help our garden "get growing" for another bountiful season. Last year's event was a knockout success!! Let's do it again!
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION:
- DATE: Saturday, March 30
- TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- GARDEN ADDRESS: Corner of 64th Ave. South and West James Street in the Kent Valley
- (GPS NAVIGATION ADDRESS: 1412 West Morton Street, Kent, WA 98032)
- Wear boots or sturdy shoes, with socks. Sandals and flip-flops are prohibited.
- Bring a refillable water bottle and (optional) snack.
- Bring work gloves if you have them. If not, some are available to use.
- There will be a short break about mid-way through the event.
- ON-SITE PARKING IS LIMITED. PLEASE CARPOOL OR USE TRANSIT IF POSSIBLE. Overflow parking is available along West Morton Street or at the Kent Valley Ice Centre.