Deadline: Friday, January 10, 2020
Compensation: $150-$500 (time and materials)
Teaching Date: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Event hours: 10am -4pm
Location: Kent Commons, 525 Fourth Avenue North, Kent, Washington
Artist Selection Process: Open to artists living in the Puget Sound region
Teaching Opportunity: Kent Kids’ Arts Day allows children and families to explore creativity together. Our objective is to provide a fun, educational and quality arts experience for youth of all backgrounds. Our guiding philosophy is that everyone can experience creativity with their own hands. Creative expression and having fun “doing art” is our goal.
A variety of hands on art projects for kids ages 4-14 are sought.
Compensation: Past projects awards range from $150 - $500 (time & materials). Artists are compensated for their time and materials based on the budget submitted with the application.
In addition to providing project leadership for 500-600 participants, teaching artists should provide the following services:
- All project design and preparation
- Arrive by 9am for event set-up
- Depending on the complexity of the project, Teaching Artists are encouraged to co-teach the project with a project partner
- The City of Kent will provide volunteers to assist with projects
- Teaching artists are responsible for training and supervising the volunteers during the event
- Teaching artists are responsible for bringing all other project materials
- Projects are open to the public from 10am-4pm
- Teaching artists should plan to stay until 5pm to remove projects and clean-up area
The City of Kent will provide volunteers to assist with the projects. We will also provide tables covered in butcher paper, as well as chairs.
About Kent Kids' Arts Day: Now in its 33rd year, Kent Kids' Arts Day is a project of the Kent Arts Commission and City of Kent Parks, Recreation and Community Services. The festival is organized with the assistance of community educators and is partially funded by 4Culture, Kent Lions Club, Fred Meyer and Kent Community Foundation. Many thanks to the Kent School District, Kent Commons staff and all of the event volunteers.
Artist Selection Process: A selection panel will review all eligible applications.
- Feasibility of proposed project
- Past experience relevant to this opportunity
- Ability to work during the hours outlined above
- Balance of project types for event as a whole
Artist Selection Schedule [subject to change]
Deadline for entry: must be received by Friday, January 10 (postmark deadline)
Selection Panel: mid January
Notification: late January