UPDATED: 6:00pm, July 6
King County remains in Phase 2 of Washington State’s Safe Start Plan.
Please limit your stay so others can enjoy our parks as well. Sanitize hands before and after your visit, and continue to socially distance yourself from other park users. If social distancing is hard to maintain, please choose another park or trail to enjoy.
The following Kent Parks amenities are OPEN:
· SKATE PARKS
· CLIMBING PINNACLE/BOULDER AT ARBOR HEIGHTS 360
· BASKETBALL COURTS
· TENNIS COURTS
Please note that playgrounds are NOT sanitized.
The restrooms at Scenic Hill Park and Mill Creek Canyon Earthworks Park will continue to be closed at this time due to maintenance and repairs.
In Phase 2, Athletic Complexes remain CLOSED to the public and drop-in use. Organized team practices are allowed to resume as private rentals if players are limited to groups of five or less in separate parts of the field, separated by a buffer zone AND said practice can maintain a minimum of five feet between players with no contact. In addition, each league, organization, or club must publish and follow a "return to play'' safety plan prior to submitting for approval for use. As part of this plan, an on-site COVID-19 Safety Officer must be present during any organized practice; this person will communicate and oversee Return to Play policies, and provide both updates and reminders to all participants. Please note: parents, siblings, and household members are not allowed to congregate on the sidelines during any organized practices. To reserve space at a Kent Parks Department Sports Complex, please call 253-856-5100 directly to speak with a member of our Rentals team.
Kent Parks summer events and programs have been canceled throughout the remainder of Summer 2020 due to COVID-19 precautions and public safety. For more details, read the May 28 press release. Canceled programs and events include:
- The Summer playground program and Funtastic Fridays at select parks throughout the City, including the summer meals program
- Summer day camp and sleep-over camps
- Specialty day camps – including Science, STEM/TECH, Dance, Art, Cooking, LEGO, Cheer, Music, Skyhawks, sports camps, etc.
- The HERO mobile recreation program
- The life-guarded summer beach program at Lake Meridian
- Adaptive recreation programs for individuals with disabilities
- T-ball/Tossball, boys baseball, girls fastpitch, and youth summer soccer leagues
- Fitness, wellness, enrichment and other programs and classes
- Senior programs, trips and drop-in activities, as well as the Senior Activity Center’s deli café lunch program
- Community art programs and art installations
- All summer events and community gatherings, including the 4th of July SPLASH, Cornucopia Days 5K and the Kent Summer Concert Series.
The Kent Commons, Teen Center and Senior Center remain closed until further notice. Kent Parks staff is continuing to process refunds for all applicable programs and rentals.
Riverbend Golf Complex is now open! The golf course is operating under a social distancing model. For more information, or to book a tee-time, please visit www.riverbendgolfcomplex.com or call the golf course directly at 253-854-3673.
Please continue to check back here, or visit us on Facebook for updates. We will continue to update information as it changes.
In addition, Public Health offers instructions for minimizing the spread of diseases, and is available in multiple languages.
Check out all of our divisions!
Kent has inclusive activities for every ability to participate in, benefit from, and enjoy.
Learn about outdoor summer concerts, visual arts exhibits, festivals, the annual Spotlight Series and more.
Join your friends and neighbors and get your game on with Kent sports leagues.
Kent's organic gardening program has been thriving since 1997.
Play a round, do business or take a lesson at Riverbend Golf Complex.!
Need assistance? We offer information, resources and referrals.
Of a certain age? We are your one-stop connection to recreation, information, education and resources.
Find sports, recreation, education and creative arts for young people.
Our resident advisory board to the department. Get involved!
Dedicated staff who provide regular maintenance, service and repairs to city parks and trails.
We acquire and develop new parks, and manage large re-investments into our parks and trails system.