Bicycle Riding Groups
Walk and Run Opportunities
- American Volkssport Association - Walk scenic trails at your own pace for fun, fitness, and friendship.
- Cascade Orienteering Club - Use a map and compass to navigate a course through unfamiliar terrain.
- Interurban Runners Club - For runners of all ages and abilities. .
- The Mayor's Mile Route - A one-mile loop through downtown Kent starting at the Town Square Plaza.
- Northwest Runner - Running information for the Puget Sound area.
- Friends of Soos Creek Park -A non-profit whose volunteers help preserve and extend the Soos Creek Trail Park.
- Road Runner Sports Adventure Run - Running group meets every third Thursday of the month at Kent Station, 444 Ramsay Way, Ste. 114, Kent
Health Care Clinics - Free and Affordable Healthcare Alternatives
- HealthPoint - (sliding scale fee) - 403 E Meeker St, Ste 200, Kent; 253-852-2866. Affordable medical and dental care, natural medicine.
- Free Medical Mobile Clinic - 2 Mondays per month 3:30 - 7 p.m., Kent Lutheran Church parking lot, 336 Second Ave. S; Basic medical care, dental care, and social services to homeless individuals; 206- 330-6775.
- Department of Social and Health Services - King South Community Services Office (Kent) - 1313 W Meeker St. Ste, 100, Kent; 206-341-7428
- Qliance - (Kent Station) - 521 Seconds Pl. N, Suite 103, Kent; 206-913-4700. Qliance charges a monthly fee ($49 to $79) for unrestricted, 7 day a week access to a Qliance provider.
- SeaMar Community Health Centers/Clinica de la Communidad
- Mobile Mammography Service - Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Is transportation an issue? Check to see when the van will be in an area near you.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound: MoveBIG! - Sports/outdoor activities-based mentoring program for children.
- Kids and Teens Activities - Offered through Kent Parks and Recreation. Camps, afterschool activities, hands-on computer training, sports leagues and more.
- Cascade Challenge - Brings young people together through adventure travel.
- Teen Link Youth Resources - 1.866.TEENLINK - Download the "Where to Turn for Teens" directory.
Care for Aging or Ill Adults
- Find an Adult Family Home
- Find a Boarding Home
- Find a Nursing Home
- Help for Caregivers
- In-Home Care
- Senior Living - Information/advice on health, fitness, nutrition, and safety for boomers and seniors.
- CareForce - A customized and focused approach to in-home care.
- Senior Housing Assistance Group (SHAG) - 1-888-450-7424
- Full Life Care in Kent - A day health center for elders and people with chronic or terminal illnesses and disabilities.
General Wellness and Assistance
- American Cancer Society - The ACS promotes health through education and awareness.
- King County Public Health - Kent
- MyPlate.gov - Offers personalized eating plans, interactive tools to plan/assess food choices.
- NutritionData - Know What you eat/
- Smoking Cessation Assistance
- Washington Health Foundation - Aims to make Washington the healthiest state in the nation.
- Washington State Department of Health - Programs and services to prevent illness/injury, promote healthy home and workplaces.
- WebMD - Information, and tools to manage health.