The City of Kent Parks Department offers free indoor and outdoor walks
Indoor Walks at accesso ShoWare
The ShoWalk, FREE Indoor walking season is offered November through June on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays*, 9 - 11 a.m.
- Open to all ages and modalities
- Two levels for walking and stairs for extra cardio!
- Five laps on the upper level = 1 mile; eight on the lower level = 1 mile
- Options for tracking your miles or steps
- Monthly health screenings (glucose and blood pressure)
- Great for caregivers and rehabilitation patients
- Entrance and parking is on the west side of the building
Trail Walks - Explore Kent parks!
The trail walk season is offered June through September from 9 - 11 a.m., following the indoor walks. We provide self-guided and guided walks.
Up to 3-mile round trip self-guided walks. Walks begin in the summer, following the indoor walk and rotate throughout the fabulous Kent parks.
- Walk at your own speed
- Sign in when you arrive
- Volunteers on-site during walk hours
- Marked paved or compact trails
- Walks occur rain or shine
- Family & pet friendly
- Parking & restrooms available
- "Kent Walk Event"sign shows meeting place
The walks are organized through the Kent Senior Activity Center and coordinated by volunteer Chris Ensor.
For information or questions, call Chris at 206.794.5198 or email@example.com.
If walking is your interest, this is a great opportunity to volunteer with other like-minded volunteers AND walk! If you are interested in being a volunteer, please visit the volunteer opportunities page for more information.