Adopt-A-Spot to Keep Kent Clean
As part of it's ongoing Litter Reduction Campaign, the City of Kent introduces the Adopt-A-Spot Program. This is a year-round partnership between the City and neighborhood groups, businesses and residents to help reduce litter and keep Kent's public spaces clean and beautiful. With over 320 miles of streets and sidewalks, community partners are needed to pitch-in to pick-up!
The City will provide:
- Gloves and high visibility vests
- Trash bags
- Litter grabbers
- Refuse disposal (if needed)
- A sign posted at or near the spot thank you, your business or your organization for keeping Kent clean.
Volunteers will commit to:
- Being safe during cleanups
- A two-year (or longer) commitment in the program
- Four cleanups per year (minimum)
- Complete the Volunteer Roster and Activity Report after each cleanup
How to Apply
The City of Kent appreciates the efforts of the community to keep spaces clean in the interest of public health and wellness. If you would like to apply to this program please fill out an Adopt-A-Spot application.
How to Plan for a Cleanup
- Organize your volunteer group
- Set a cleanup date
- Two weeks prior to the cleanup, contact the City to arrange the pick-up of supplies
- Review and follow the Litter Pick-up Safety Tips
What to do After a Cleanup
- Return borrowed supplies within two working days
- Submit Volunteer Roster Sign-in Sheet
- Submit Activity Report
- Schedule your next event!
Please call 253-856-5589 or email for more details.