It's Spring/Fall Clean-up Time!
With Kent's annual "Spring and Fall Clean-up" programs, residents may rid themselves of extra yard waste and garbage.
The events are free to all residential households in Kent.
Simply, place your extra garbage and yard waste at the curb on your regular yard waste pick-up day.
Spring Clean-Up dates:
- Update! The spring Curbside Cleanup event has been rescheduled for June 15-26, 2020
Fall Clean-Up dates:
- November 2 - 13, 2020
- Place your extra garbage (limit of 10 units) at the curb on your regular yard waste pick-up day only. (If your items are not collected by your regular garbage truck, they will be collected by another truck.)
- All extra garbage must be in bags, boxes (no more than 3'5"x3'5"x3'5") or cans (32-gallon or smaller).
No loose trash will be picked up!
- Each container must weigh less than 60 pounds or it will not be collected.
- No tires, scrap metal, hazardous waste appliances or furniture will be accepted. Contact Republic Services at 206-682-9735 to schedule a pick up of appliances and furniture - fees apply.
- Place all yard waste (limit of 10 units) at the curb on your regular yard waste pick-up day.
- Yard waste includes leaves, grass, brush, flowers, tree wood, and branches (less than 4" in diameter, less than 4' in length).
Please Note: Food waste may only be included in the contractor provided cart.
- Yard clippings must be separate from garbage. Either bundle or place in cans, boxes, paper or compostable yard waste bags. Absolutely NO plastic bags. Bags for yard waste are available at most hardware stores and garden/landscape centers.
- Each bundle/can/bag must weight less than 60 pounds and be no more than four feet long. Branches must be no more than four inches in diameter. Bundle branches with natural fiber rope or twine.
- All yard waste collected will be processed into compost.
- If your refuse isn't picked-up, please call Republic Services at 206-682-9735 to notify them.
- Extra items placed out at curb and collected other than during that week will be charged as extra garbage and/or yard waste.
For more information please contact 253-856-5589 or TalkingTrash@KentWA.gov.
Note: All residents are required to have the minimum level of garbage service, according to Kent City Code 7.03. Garbage service includes curbside recycling and yard/food waste collection. To sign up for service, contact Republic Services at 206-682-9735.