Reach Councilmember Higgins
Kent City Council
220 Fourth Avenue South
Kent, WA 98032
State law provides that all correspondence sent to elected officials (including email) is public record. Any correspondence sent to the City Council will be disclosed to any person who requests it, unless exempt from disclosure under state law.
Term Began: January 2010
Term Expires: December 31, 2019
Chair: Public Works Committee
Member: Operations Committee; Human Services Commission
Calling Kent their home, Dennis, his wife Karyn, and three daughters have lived near East Hill’s Clark Lake since 1995. He is a two-time Golden Acorn Award winner and Outstanding Advocate Award winner from the Kent Area PTA Council and has held PTA leadership positions at the Kent School District.
As a strong advocate for Kent, Dennis has served on various committees, they are:
- King County Regional Transit Committee through the Sound Cities Association: former member
- Kent Lodging Tax Advisory Committee: former member
- Kent School District Citizens’ Facilities Planning Committee: member
- Citizens’ Boundary Review Committee: member
- Citizens for Kent Schools: former Chair and is still active in the community organization that supports Kent School District levy/bond election campaigns
Dennis works in the field of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - computer mapping and analysis, database creation and maintenance for King County. He is a graduate of the University of Washington, and is a certified GIS Professional (GISP).