Reach Housing & Human/Social Services
253-856-6070 - fax
Repairs are FREE! Minor repairs include plumbing, electrical, carpentry, disabled access, furnace service, storm doors, window/roof repairs, smoke detectors and other small projects.
Repairs are intended to maintain the health and safety of occupants and preserve the dwelling by addressing critical repairs. Priority may be given to households occupied by seniors and disabled residents. Kent's Home Repair program is funded entirely through federal Community Development Block Grant funds.
- Your house, mobile home or condo unit must be located within the city limits* of Kent.
- You must have owned AND occupied your home for at least 1 year prior to application.
- Your household's annual gross income must not exceed federal income guidelines (see table below).
Official HUD Income Guidelines for 2018
|Maximum Annual Gross Income|
*If you live outside of the Kent City Limits in unincorporated King County you may qualify to receive services from King County's Housing Repair.
How to Apply for Home Repair Assistance
Complete and return the Home Repair Assistance Application and provide the following:
Single Family Home and Condo Ownership Documents
- Copy of deed or tax bill
Mobile Home Ownership Documents (Mobile homes must be HUD Certified (built after June 15, 1976) to qualify for assistance)
- Copy of vehicle registration
Required Income Documents (For all household members 18 years and older)
- Copy of 1040 Federal tax form for current filing year*
- Two months of bank statements dated immediately prior to month of application (must show record of deposits)
- Supporting documentation of all income sources such as most recent paystubs or unemployment benefits, child support, current Social Security award letter, retirement and/or private pension statements.
- Self-Declaration of No Income Form(s), if applicable
*If you do not file taxes, please complete a 1040 form in addition to providing bank statements and supporting documents
Proof of Insurance
- Copy of current homeowners insurance policy declaration
If you are an existing Kent Home Repair client and are in need of repairs, please call 253-856-5065 to verify eligibility.
Kent Home Repair invites contractors enrolled with the Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC) Small Works Roster to bid on small residential projects under $10,000. Project may include: roofing, electrical, furnace repair and replacement, sewer work, and general contracting.
Contractors who wish to bid on projects are required to register for a free account. Please be sure to include "City of Kent" as a selected public agency in your account.
For registration questions, contact MRSC Rosters at 206-436-3798.