Role of the Parks and Recreation Commission
Foster local input on the strategic planning efforts that influence Kent’s parks and recreation system, and provide guidance on the following:
- Ways to advocate public support, involvement, and funding of Kent parks, facilities, and programs;
- Opportunities to engage the public in decisions affecting Kent parks, facilities, and programs;
- Budget recommendations for the acquisition, development, and operation of parks, facilities, and programs;
- Policy recommendations;
- Comprehensive parks and trails planning;
- Priorities for the acquisition of land and/or facilities;
- Development, design, and operation of parks, facilities, and programs;
- Capital improvements planning;
- Rules, regulations, or other restrictions applicable to parks, facilities, and programs;
- Concessions at park facilities;
- Contracts, interlocal agreements, and lease agreements regarding parks and recreation activities.
- Other matters that the mayor or city council, or parks director, may refer to the parks and recreation commission for its consideration and recommendation.
- Meetings are held fourth Tuesday of each month, 6 - 8 p.m.
- Centennial Center Conference Room #402, Fourth Floor, 400 W Gowe St.
Apply to serve on the Parks and Recreation Commission
|Zandria Michaud, Co-Chair||Annette Bailes, CFM|
|Kristie Duggan||Barry Fretwell|
|Randy Furukawa||Ed Keeley|
|Todd Minor||Richard Minutoli|
|Jennifer Ritchie||Kathleen Roberts|
|Annie Sieger||Scott R. Taylor|
|Tim Wilson (Alternate)|