How to Reach Us


Customer Service

First Floor, Centennial Building

400 W. Gowe St.

Kent, WA 98032


9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday


Utility Services & Billing

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Utility Billing Banner

Customer Support Program

We understand that many of our customers are experiencing financial hardship due to the ongoing events related to COVID-19.  The City of Kent has developed a Customer Support Program for our utility customers directly impacted by COVID-19.  This program provides customers options for payment arrangements and suspends late fees.

If you need additional time to pay your utility bill, please email us at: to set up a payment arrangement.  It is imperative that you have a payment arrangement in place before we resume water shut offs.  If you are unable to send us an email, please call our office at 253-856-5201. 

Utility Services

The City of Kent operates water, sewer and storm drainage utilities. However, not all properties are served by the City.

Here are some other utility providers:


 Highline Water District       206-824-0375
 Soos Creek Water & Sewer       253-630-9900
 Water District 111       253-631-3770
 Puget Sound Energy (electric & natural gas)       1-888-225-5773

What are Kent's utility rates?

The tables below have been updated with 2020 rates.

See detailed information in our 2020 utility rates brochure.

Water Access

Water access rate is determined by the size of the water meter.


Meter size

Monthly Charge
3/4" or 5/8" $31.03
1" $45.00
1-1/2" $79.93
2" $121.83
3" $191.68



6" $429.17
8"  $568.87
10"   $708.57


3/4" or 5/8"  $24.69
 1"  $38.66

Water Usage

Water consumption is measured in units. One unit of water is equal to 748 gallons (100 cubic feet).

Most water meters are read every two months and rates are based on a two-tier rate structure.

Cubic Feet


0-800 $2.56
800+ $5.04
Lifeline Rates $0.61


Effective January 1, 2020, the residential sewer rate is $70.77 per month. Of that, Kent pays King County Metro (a wholesaler of sewage treatment) $45.33, with the remaining $25.44 going to the City for system maintenance and operations. Commercial and multi-dwelling customers pay a sewer rate based on their water consumption with a minimum base rate of $70.44 a month.  

Storm Drainage

Commercial storm drainage rates are calculated on impervious surfaces. Residential customers are billed a flat monthly rate of $13.03. For property owners within the city limits, not receiving water and/or sewer service from the city, Storm Drainage is billed quarterly.


 Dedicated Fire Lines



5/8 x 3/4 “




1 1/4"


1 1/2"














The monthly dedicated fire line fee is
determined by the size of the fire line.

How can I pay my utility bill?

  • Pay online
  • Set up automatic withdrawal
  • By mail - Customer Service   P.O. Box 84665, Seattle, WA 98124
  • By phone with a Visa or MasterCard - 253-856-5201
  • In person at the Centennial Center, 400 West Gowe St., Suite 122
  • Drop Box - located in the City Hall parking lot turnaround (220 Fourth Ave. S)

Lifeline Program

Senior citizens or permanently disabled residents who meet low income requirements may qualify for the Lifeline Program.

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to authorize a tenant to be billed directly for utilities?

An owner authorization form must be filled out by the owner of the property or designated property management company. The form can be sent via email, by regular mail to 220 Fourth Ave. S, Kent, WA 98032 or can be dropped off at the Customer Service counter.

Why does my utility bill change from month to month?

The meter access fee is based on the meter size and is billed monthly.  The water usage fee is based on the amount of water used. Most accounts are billed bi monthly for meter usage according to when the water meter is read. 

Who do I call for questions regarding opening and closing of City of Kent utility accounts?

Please contact Customer Service at 253-856-5201 or by email 

Who do I call for utility emergencies involving water, sewer, or storm drainage?

During regular business hours, contact Public Works Operations at 253-856-5600. After hours, contact the City of Kent Police at 253-856-5800

Who do I call for questions regarding Water Quality?

Please call Public Works Operations at 253-856-5600

Who do I call for questions regarding Garbage Service?

Republic Services - Residential - 206-682-9735

Republic Services - Commercial - 253-872-7220

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer