Planning FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • What is my property zoned?

    You can find your property on the City's Zoning Districts Map. All private property in the City is zoned, and the restrictions on development vary from one zone to another. If you need assistance or would like to confirm the zoning, please give us a call at 253.856.5454 and we will be happy to assist you. When you call, please be able to identify the property by a specific address, parcel number or nearby intersection.

  • Where can I find information about my property such as my parcel number?    

    King County's iMap allows you to search for your property, access ownership and tax records, as well other geographic information.

  • I’m not sure exactly where my property lines are located. How do I determine this?  

    King County's iMap can give you a general idea. In order to determine the precise location of your property lines, the services of a licensed professional land surveyor are required. Several surveyors are located in Kent who are available for hire.
  • Where can I find the city's zoning code and other development regulations?

This link will take you to the city's zoning code.  If you use the navigation bar to the left of the Code Publishing page, you can also browse other code sections, such as Required Infrastructure Improvements (under Public Works) and Critical Areas (under Environmental Management).