To reach us or file a Code Enforcement complaint:


File online report  (use Internet Explorer)

Code Enforcement

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Code Enforcement's job is to help keep Kent safe and beautiful.  We almost always take an educate-first approach as people are often unaware that they are violating City Codes.  Most of the time, we can provide a time frame to resolve issues without penalty.  We work proactively to solve problems, but mostly respond to complaints from the community. 


Can be filed by phone at 253-856-5909 or by filing an online report (works best in Internet Explorer).

Please be sure to have the following information: 

  • Description of the violation (if you can, PLEASE email us photos, they're really helpful)
  • Street address of the violation (if you don't know the address go to King County Parcel Viewer)
  • Description of any vehicles ,including license plate number, or other items involved in the complaint.

What Types Of Codes Do We Enforce?

  • Blight on private properties 
  • Building and Property Maintenance code violations

Common issues we deal with:

  • Abandoned, junk, and/or inoperable vehicles parked on private property
  • Auto repair is being done from a house in a neighborhood
  • Blackberry bushes or vines overgrowing yard on private property
  • Building has been abandoned, neglected, or falling down
  • Business is operating from a residence
  • Chickens or roosters
  • Fence is falling down
  • Garbage and track on private property
  • Mold in an apartment/rental
  • No garbage service
  • Rats/rodents due to litter/garbage on private property
  • Tall weeds/grasses on private property
  • Toilet or other appliance is broken in an apartment/rental
  • Too many people on the property
  • Water leaks in an apartment/rental