To reach us or file a Code Enforcement complaint:
File online report (use Internet Explorer)
Code Enforcement's job is to help keep Kent safe and beautiful. We almost always take an educate-first approach as people are often unaware that they are violating City Codes. Most of the time, we can provide a time frame to resolve issues without penalty. We work proactively to solve problems, but mostly respond to complaints from the community.
Can be filed by phone at 253-856-5909 or by filing an online report (works best in Internet Explorer).
Please be sure to have the following information:
- Description of the violation (if you can, PLEASE email us photos, they're really helpful)
- Street address of the violation (if you don't know the address go to King County Parcel Viewer)
- Description of any vehicles ,including license plate number, or other items involved in the complaint.
What Types Of Codes Do We Enforce?
- Blight on private properties
- Building and Property Maintenance code violations
Common issues we deal with:
- Abandoned, junk, and/or inoperable vehicles parked on private property
- Auto repair is being done from a house in a neighborhood
- Blackberry bushes or vines overgrowing yard on private property
- Building has been abandoned, neglected, or falling down
- Business is operating from a residence
- Chickens or roosters
- Fence is falling down
- Garbage and track on private property
- Mold in an apartment/rental
- No garbage service
- Rats/rodents due to litter/garbage on private property
- Tall weeds/grasses on private property
- Toilet or other appliance is broken in an apartment/rental
- Too many people on the property
- Water leaks in an apartment/rental