Reach the Tax Division


400 W. Gowe St.

Kent, WA 98032

City Taxes

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The tax dollars collected below fund important City services.

Need to Pay My Taxes?    


File & Forms


Business & Occupation Tax Business and Occupation Tax

The City adopted a Business and Occupation (B&O) tax effective January 1, 2013. All businesses that conduct business activities in Kent, whether located within or outside Kent city limits, are subject to the City’s tax.

Visit the B&O webpage for detailed information.


Utility Tax Utility Tax (Form)

Return to Finance Customer Service


Gross receipts tax based on the total value of receipts for utility businesses.
See Kent City Code Chapter 3.18 for detailed information

Admissions Tax
Admissions Tax (Form)

Return to Finance Customer Service

Admission tax is collected whenever there is a charge for admission to any place or event for entertainment or recreation within the Kent city limits.

See Kent City Code 3.26.010 for detailed information.


Gambling Tax
Gambling Tax (Form)
Return to Finance Customer Service

Any person, corporation, association, organization or charitable or nonprofit organization intending to conduct any gambling activity must register for gambling activity.
See Kent City Code Chapter 3.21for detailed information.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer