Reach the City Council
Kent City Council
220 Fourth Ave. S
Kent, WA 98032
State law provides that all correspondence sent to elected officials (including email) is public record. Any correspondence sent to the City Council will be disclosed to any person who requests it, unless exempt from disclosure under state law.
Kent City Council Meetings
Meetings and workshops are held in Council Chambers at Kent City Hall, 220 Fourth Ave. S., Kent, WA 98032.
- January - July: First and third Tuesday of the month, 7 p.m.
- August: First Tuesday of the month at 5 p.m., third Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- September - October: First and third Tuesday of the month, 7 p.m.
- November: First Tuesday of the month at 5 p.m., third Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- December: Second Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
- To sign-up to receive notifications of meetings, meeting agendas and agenda materials, visit the Kent City Council meetings page, and select"Register" in the upper-right hand corner. Complete the requested information and accept the terms of service to create an account. From the distribution list menu, choose the items for which you want to receive updates. Have questions? Contact the Clerk's Office at CityClerk@KentWA.gov.
- Held during the two hours prior to each council meeting
- For informal discussion between the Council and staff on various of topics
- Not videotaped, but the public is welcome to attend
Committee of the Whole
Kent City Council recently adopted a resolution which eliminated the five standing committees (Operations, Public Works, Public Safety, Parks & Human Services, Economic & Community Development) and consolidated them into one Committee of the Whole, made up of all seven Councilmembers. Future standing committee meetings have been canceled.
- Held the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m., except for December.
- For initial discussion of business items between the Council and staff.
- Meetings are open to the public, but not open for public comment, and are televised live on Comcast Cable TV 21, at KentTV21.com and on YouTube.
- View meeting schedule, agenda, minutes or watch meeting videos.
View archived Committee meetings, meeting minutes, agendas, agenda packets and recordings:
Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the City Clerk's office at 253-856-5725 in advance. For TDD relay service, call the Washington Telecommunications Relay Service at 7-1-1.