Reach Kent Home Repair
253-856-6070 - fax
In keeping with updated orders established by the Governor and King County Health Officials, the Kent Home Repair program will be limiting operations at this time. To protect potentially vulnerable residences, all interior home repair needs will be postponed until further notice; the only repairs that will be conducted are repairs made outside of the home. If emergency or essential needs arise by current Home Repair clients, such as the loss of heat, the Home Repair team will utilize an outside contractor to assist in working through those critical issues. Kent Parks will continue to re-assess the situation to make a determination on how long this precaution will continue. Applications are still being accepted at this time, but will not be processed until the end of April.
Repairs are FREE!
Minor repairs made include plumbing, electrical, carpentry, disabled access, furnace service, storm doors, window/roof repairs, smoke detectors and other small projects.
Repairs are intended to maintain the health and safety of occupants and preserve the dwelling by addressing critical repairs. Priority may be given to households occupied by seniors and disabled residents. Kent's Home Repair program is funded entirely through federal Community Development Block Grant funds.
If you are an existing Kent Home Repair client and are in need of repairs, please call 253-856-5065 to verify eligibility.
Meet some people our Home Repair Service has helped in the short video below:
- Your house, mobile home or condo unit must be located within Kent City Limits.*
- You must have owned AND occupied your home for at least 1 year prior to application.
- Your household's annual gross income cannot exceed federal income limits shown in the HUD Guidelines below.
Official HUD Income Guidelines for 2019
|Maximum Annual Gross Income|
*Residents of unincorporated King County may qualify to receive services from King County's Housing Repair.
How to Apply for Home Repair Assistance
Complete and return the Home Repair Assistance Application and provide the following:
Single Family Home and Condo Ownership Documents
- Copy of deed or tax bill
Mobile Home Ownership Documents - Mobile homes must be HUD Certified (built after June 15, 1976) to qualify for assistance.
- Copy of vehicle registration
Income Documents (For all household members 18 years and older)
- Copy of 1040 Federal tax form for current filing year*
- Two months of bank statements dated immediately prior to month of application (must show record of deposits)
- Supporting documentation of all income sources such as most recent paystubs or unemployment benefits, child support, current Social Security award letter, retirement and/or private pension statements.
- Self-Declaration of No Income Form(s), if applicable
*If you do not file taxes, please complete a 1040 form in addition to providing bank statements and supporting documents.
Proof of Insurance
- Copy of current homeowners insurance policy declaration
Information for Contractors
Kent Home Repair invites contractors enrolled with the Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC) Small Works Roster to bid on small residential projects under $10,000. Project may include: roofing, electrical, furnace repair and replacement, sewer work, and general contracting.
Contractors who wish to bid on projects are required to register for a free account. Please be sure to include "City of Kent" as a selected public agency in your account.
For registration questions, contact MRSC Rosters at 206-436-3798.