Role of the Parks and Recreation Commission
Foster local input on the strategic planning efforts that influence Kent’s parks and recreation system, and provide guidance on the following:
- Ways to advocate public support, involvement, and funding of Kent parks, facilities, and programs;
- Opportunities to engage the public in decisions affecting Kent parks, facilities, and programs;
- Budget recommendations for the acquisition, development, and operation of parks, facilities, and programs;
- Policy recommendations;
- Comprehensive parks and trails planning;
- Priorities for the acquisition of land and/or facilities;
- Development, design, and operation of parks, facilities, and programs;
- Capital improvements planning;
- Rules, regulations, or other restrictions applicable to parks, facilities, and programs;
- Concessions at park facilities;
- Contracts, interlocal agreements, and lease agreements regarding parks and recreation activities.
- Other matters that the mayor or city council, or parks director, may refer to the parks and recreation commission for its consideration and recommendation.
- Fourth Wednesday of each month
- 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Centennial Center Conference Room #402, Fourth Floor, 400 W Gowe St., Kent WA 98032
The Parks and Recreation Commission is currently accepting applications for an Alternate Commissioner. You may apply for appointment to the Commission using the Application link below.
- Richard Minutoli, Chair
- Annie Sieger, Vice-Chair
- Kristie Duggan
- Randy Furukawa
- Riham Hashi
- Jeremy Jasman, Alternate
- Todd Minor
- Jennifer Ritchie
- Scott Taylor
- Bonnie Williams
- Tim Wilson
- Caitlin K. Hepworth
- [ALTERNATE POSITION]