Role of the Parks and Recreation Commission
Foster local input on the strategic planning efforts that influence Kent’s parks and recreation system, and provide guidance on the following:
- Ways to advocate public support, involvement, and funding of Kent parks, facilities, and programs;
- Opportunities to engage the public in decisions affecting Kent parks, facilities, and programs;
- Budget recommendations for the acquisition, development, and operation of parks, facilities, and programs;
- Policy recommendations;
- Comprehensive parks and trails planning;
- Priorities for the acquisition of land and/or facilities;
- Development, design, and operation of parks, facilities, and programs;
- Capital improvements planning;
- Rules, regulations, or other restrictions applicable to parks, facilities, and programs;
- Concessions at park facilities;
- Contracts, interlocal agreements, and lease agreements regarding parks and recreation activities.
- Other matters that the mayor or city council, or parks director, may refer to the parks and recreation commission for its consideration and recommendation.
- Fourth Tuesday of each month, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Centennial Center Conference Room #402, Fourth Floor, 400 W Gowe St., Kent WA 98032
The Parks and Recreation Commission currently has openings for one commissioner and one alternate. Submit your application for appointment to the Commission below.
- Richard Minutoli, Chair
- Annie Sieger, Vice-Chair
- Kristie Duggan
- Randy Furukawa
- Zandria Michaud
- Todd Minor
- Jennifer Ritchie
- Kathleen Roberts
- Scott Taylor
- Tim Wilson