Reach the Civil Service Commission
Role of the Commission
The Civil Service Commission is responsible for the adoption and enforcement of rules and regulations of personnel matters for police personnel. The Commission conducts monthly meetings, and hearings as needed to adopt and amend rules, approve support personnel, conduct entry level and promotional exams, and to hear and determine appeals arising from the administration of the rules.
- 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month
- Council Chambers West in City Hall, 220 Fourth Ave. S.
Members serve six year terms
- Callius Zaratkiewicz, Chair
- Pauline Thomas, Commissioner
- Jeff Piecewicz, Commissioner
- Natalie Winecka, Secretary & Chief Examiner
Kent's Civil Service Commission provides information about full time employment opportunities in the Police Department including:
- Entry Level Corrections Officer
- Lateral/Experienced Corrections Officer
- Entry Level Police Officer
- Lateral/Experienced Police Officer
- Police Support Personnel
The Civil Service Commission will provide a detailed job announcement for each advertised job opportunity. Pertinent information including salary range, working conditions, and requirements, as well as the closing date will be contained in the announcement.