License Your Kent Pet
For a nominal fee, Kent dog and cat owners receive many benefits from RASKC.
Our furry four-legged friends hold a very special place in our hearts. That’s why it is important to make sure your Kent dog or cat is licensed, so they can be returned to you if they get loose or run away. It’s simple, affordable and good for the community. It is also required by law in the City of Kent.
There are many benefits that come with licensing your pet:
- Reunion with your lost pet: Pets that are found and reported are often reunited with their owners quickly.
- Free ride home: The first time a licensed pet is found, they get a free ride home.
- Extra care: When lost pets are located, they are cared for safely and responsibly by Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC).
- Vacation pet alerts: When you go on vacation, call 206-296-2712 to register where your pet will be while you are on vacation, who will be caring for your pet and where to reach you. If your pet gets loose while you are away, we will call you to let you know.
- Support RASKC’s work: The nominal pet licensing fees help support the care and return of other lost pets to their homes and help adopt thousands of homeless pets every year.
- Shelter in Kent: We have a RASKC shelter right here in Kent that licensing revenue helps support.
In Kent, we have six different locations to license your pet or renew your pet license:
400 W Gowe St
Kent, WA 98032
21615 64th Ave S
Kent, WA 98032
Kent Community Service Center
401 4th Ave N – Suite GD
Reber Ranch Pet Central
13004 SE Kent Kangley Rd
Kent, WA 98030
13304 SE 240th St
Kent, WA 98031
28606 132nd Ave SE
Kent, WA 98042
Annual pet licensing fees range from $15 to $60 with discounts for disabled and senior pet owners and for spayed and neutered animals. Fines for unlicensed pets are $125 for spayed and neutered cats and dogs and $250 for unaltered pets.
Visit RASKC online for more information, including licensing fees, pet adoptions and other services offered by RASKC, a City of Kent partner.