MyKentParks.com: TALK TO US DIRECTLY about your parks and recreational facilities. Leave comments, send a compliment, ask a question. The fast and easy way to contact us!
TRAIL USERS PLEASE NOTE: Interurban Trail to close as part of 228th St. improvements - LEARN MORE HERE
Lake Meridian ParkAmenities:
- BBQ grill
- Boat launch
- Drinking fountain
- Lawn area / Open space
- Picnic shelter
- Picnic table
- Play equipment
- Public art
- Summer season Lifeguards
- Wheelchair access
- Park and Ballfield Rentals
Lake Meridian is open year-round. Opening times of park entrance gates and restrooms vary throughout the year based upon available daylight. Signs with specific hours are posted at the entrance to the park.
- Swimming is allowed only in designated areas.
- All children aged six years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Use floaties, air mattresses, swim toys, pool noodles, etc. only in the shallow area.
- No alcohol or cannabis allowed in the park.
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- No dogs on the beach, in the water, or on the dock.
- No smoking, running or pushing, or "horseplay" on the dock.
- On duty daily from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. from Tuesday, June 25, 2019 through Labor Day (September 2)
Life Vest Loaner Program - during lifeguard hours, life vests can be checked out for FREE at the Beach Office near the bathhouse.
PUBLIC BOAT LAUNCH:
PLEASE NOTE: THE BOAT LAUNCH TICKETING MACHINE IS CURRENTLY OUT OF ORDER.
Until the ticketing machine is replaced, all users can launch free of charge.
- $5.00 to Use
- $50 Annual Pass available at Kent Commons
- Pay at the ticket machine before launching your vessel.
- Place the receipt in your vehicle where it is plainly visible. Call Kent Commons at 253-856-5000 with questions.
Lake Meridian Boating Rules:
- All boaters should wear life vests for safety.
- Exhaust must be muffled or underwater.
- No reckless and/or negligent operation.
- No remote-controlled watercraft from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- All vessels operating after sundown must have running lights on.
All Vessels (except Motorized Personal Watercraft*):
- May access the lake daily.
- May tie your vessel to the boarding float only to launch and retrieve it.
- May operate 8-35 MPH between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- May not exceed posted speed limit of 0-8 MPH between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- When exceeding 8 MPH, must be 200 feet from shore and 100 feet from other vessels and swimmers.
- When exceeding 8 MPH, must travel in counterclockwise direction only.
- Must adhere to all posted rules and regulations for vessels.
*Motorized Personal Watercraft (Jet Skis, Ski Doos, etc.):
- May operate 0-8 mph any day except during hours of darkness.
- Maximum speed is 8 mph from September 16th through May 15th.
- May operate 8-35 mph ONLY between the hours of 12:00 noon and 6:00 p.m. on EVEN numbered days of the calendar from May 16th through September 15th.
Waterskiing (defined as being towed behind a vessel in any manner):
- Permitted daily.
- Dawn to 9 am: speeds 0–8 mph
- 9 am to 6:00 pm: speeds 8–35 mph
- 6 pm to dusk: speeds 0–8 mph
- Must adhere to all posted rules and regulations for waterskiing.