MyKentParks.com: TALK TO US DIRECTLY about your parks and recreational facilities. Leave comments, send a compliment, ask a question. The fast and easy way to contact us!
TRAIL USERS PLEASE NOTE: Interurban Trail to close as part of 228th St. improvements - LEARN MORE HERE
Lake Meridian ParkAmenities:
- BBQ grill
- Boat launch
- Drinking fountain
- Lawn area / Open space
- Picnic shelter
- Picnic table
- Play equipment
- Public art
- Summer season Lifeguards
- Walking trail
- Wheelchair access
- Park and Ballfield Rentals
Return to full list >>
Picnic Shelter Reservation Information
- Swimming is allowed only in designated areas.
- All children aged six years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Use floaties, air mattresses, swim toys, pool noodles, etc. only in the shallow area.
- No alcohol or cannabis allowed in the park.
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- No dogs on the beach, in the water, or on the dock.
- No smoking, running or pushing, or "horseplay" on the dock.
- On duty daily from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. from June 23, 2018 through Labor Day.
Life Vest Loaner Program - during lifeguard hours, life vests can be checked out for FREE at the Beach Office near the bathhouse.
PUBLIC BOAT LAUNCH:
- It costs $5.00 to use the city's boat launch. Pay at the ticket machine before launching your vessel and place the receipt in your vehicle where it is plainly visible. Call Kent Commons at 253-856-5000 with questions.
Lake Meridian Boating Rules:
- All boaters should wear life vests for safety.
- Exhaust must be muffled or underwater.
- No reckless and/or negligent operation.
- No remote-controlled watercraft from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- All vessels operating after sundown must have running lights on.
All Vessels (except Motorized Personal Watercraft*):
- May access the lake daily.
- May operate 8-35 MPH between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- May not exceed posted speed limit of 0-8 MPH between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- When exceeding 8 MPH, must be 200 feet from shore and 100 feet from other vessels and swimmers.
- When exceeding 8 MPH, must travel in counterclockwise direction only.
- Must adhere to all posted rules and regulations for vessels.
*Motorized Personal Watercraft (Jet Skis, Ski Doos, etc.):
- May operate 0-8 MPH any day except during hours of darkness.
- Maximum speed is 8 MPH from September 16th through May 15th.
- May operate 8-35 MPH ONLY between the hours of 12:00 noon and 6:00 p.m. on EVEN numbered days of the calendar from May 16th through September 15th.
Waterskiing (defined as being towed behind a vessel in any manner):
- Permitted daily from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at speeds from 8-35 MPH.
- Must adhere to all posted rules and regulations for waterskiing.