UPDATED: May 4, 5:00pm
As announced in the Governor’s plan to reopen Washington, outdoor recreation will partially reopen on Tuesday, May 5; at Kent Parks, this includes both recreational fishing and golfing. On May 5, the boat launch and dock at Lake Meridian Park will reopen for recreational fishing use, as will the boat launch at Lake Fenwick Park. In addition, Riverbend Golf Complex will reopen the 18-hole golf course!
Please Note: While the boat launch access and rear parking lot will reopen at Lake Meridian Park, the main parking lot and all other parking lots for our Parks will remain closed.
Kent parks and trails are open for walking, running, and enjoying nature. Park visitors are asked to use open spaces and trails responsibly: practice social distancing (6 feet from anyone), bring hand sanitizer, and take all belongings and trash home. Closed amenities include playgrounds, sports courts (tennis, basketball, pickleball, wiffle ball, etc.), athletic complexes, restrooms, dog parks, skate parks and picnic shelters, etc. Most of these closed amenities are out in the open and cannot be fully secured or locked. Kent Parks is asking the public to honor this closure notice as part of the community’s collective response and individual responsibility to keep everyone safe. If it’s crowded and social distancing is difficult to maintain, please choose another trail or go to a different park.
Kent Parks with large trails within the park:
- Clark Lake Park
- Lake Fenwick
- Mill Creek Park
- 277th Trail
- Frager Road Trail
Regional Trails within Kent Park’s System include:
- Green River Trail (owned/operated by City of Kent)
- Puget Power Trail (owned/operated by City of Kent)
Please Note: King County Parks and Trails are still closed. Kent Parks is allowing access to large lawn spaces, paths in parks and larger trail systems within parks, as well as access to regional trail systems owned and operated by the City of Kent.
TRAIL USERS PLEASE NOTE: Interurban Trail to close as part of 228th St. improvements - LEARN MORE HERE
Town Square PlazaAmenities:
- Drinking fountain
- Public art
- Spray park and fountains
- Wheelchair access
Featuring the Floating ROTARY SPHERE and surrounding spray fountains!
Town Square Plaza Rules
- Standard Park Rules
- Enjoy the water features safely.
- Respect other fountain and plaza users.
- Do not put any items in the fountains (e.g. soil, trash, glass, pets, soap).
- If restroom door is locked, it is in use. Please be patient.
- No skateboards or bicycles allowed.
Park and Fountain Operations
- Park plaza open daily dawn to dusk.
- Fountains operate from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily, from the third Monday of May to the first Monday of October, except for maintenance needs.
- Restrooms open from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily, from the third Monday of May to the first Monday of October, except for maintenance needs.
- Restrooms are open for scheduled and/or special events such as Winterfest and the Saturday Farmers Market, and may have earlier or later hours on those days.
- RESTROOMS ARE CLOSED AND FOUNTAINS SHUT DOWN ON THE FIRST MONDAY OF OCTOBER TO THE THIRD MONDAY OF MAY.