Ribbon Cutting Ceremony - South 224th Street
- Date: 12/11/2019 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Location: South 224th Street, East of 84th Avenue South
Next to Ramada Inn (22318 84th Ave. S.)
- Introduction: Please join us for a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of South 224th Street.
Please join our elected officials, project team, funding partners and community members on December 10 for a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the grand opening of the South 224th Street extension from 84th Avenue South to 94th Place South.
Over a decade in planning, review and construction have gone into this $35 million east-west corridor project. The project received significant funding support from the Washington State Transportation Improvement Board (TIB) and the Washington State transportation budget, along with Local Improvement District 363 funds and traffic impact fees from developers.
- A new bridge over SR 167 connecting East Hill to the Valley
- Replacement of a bridge with a fish-passable culvert over Garrison Creek
- Riparian enhancements
- Traffic signal improvements
- Curbs, gutters and sidewalks
- Street lighting
- Three-lane roadway
- Water quality, detention and wetland mitigation
- Storm drainage improvements
- Water system improvements
- Undergrounding of overhead power, telephone and cable utilities
On South 224th Street just east of 84th Avenue South in Kent, next to the Ramada Inn at 22318 84th Ave. S.
- Take SR 167 to the 84th Avenue South/North Central Avenue exit
- Turn north onto 84th Avenue South
- Drive north on 84th Avenue South to South 224th Street
- Turn east on South 224th Street
- The event is straight ahead
We hope you can join us to celebrate this major accomplishment!