How to Reach Us
Customer Service Counter
First Floor, Centennial Building
400 W. Gowe St.
Kent, WA 98032
The City of Kent operates water, sewer and storm drainage utilities. Not all of Kent is served by the Kent Water Utility. Other water services are provided through Soos Creek Water & Sewer and by Water District 111.
Other City Utilities
|Puget Sound Energy||1-888-225-5773|
|Soos Creek Water & Sewer||253-630-9900|
|Water District 111||253-631-3770|
What are Kent's utility rates?
See detailed information in our Utility Rates Guide (Coming Soon).
Water access rate is determined by the size of the water meter.
|Meter Size||Monthly charge|
|3/4" or 5/8"||$29.10|
3/4" or 5/8"
Water consumption is measured in units. One unit of water is 748 gallons (100 cubic feet). Most water meters are read every two months and rates are based on a two-tier rate structure.
Effective January 1, 2017, the residential sewer rate is $66.38 per month. Of that, Kent pays King County Metro (a wholesaler of sewage treatment) $44.22, with $22.16 going to the City for system maintenance and operations. Commercial and multi-dwelling customers pay a sewer rate based on their water consumption with a minimum base rate of $66.38 a month.
Commercial storm drainage rates are calculated on impervious surfaces. Residential customers are billed a flat rate of $12.22. For property owners within the city limits, not receiving water and/or sewer service from the city, Storm Drainage will be billed quarterly. Property owners who are outside of Kent's city limits will be billed with their property tax from King County.
How can I pay my utility bill?
- Pay utility bill online
- Automated Payments are available; print the Automated Payment form or call 253-856-5201 for more information.
- By phone with a Visa or MasterCard - 253-856-5201
- In person at the Centennial Building, 400 West Gowe St., Suite 122
- Drop Box - located in the City Hall parking lot turnaround (220 Fourth Ave. S)
- By mail - Customer Service - P.O. Box 84665, Seattle, WA 98124
What form do I need to authorize a tenant be billed directly for utilities?
- An owner authorization form for tenants can be printed from the customer service forms page, and sent to the City
Senior citizens, low income or disabled residents may qualify for the Lifeline Program.
- Kent bills a flat rate for utilities every month. However water consumption is billed once every two months
- One month a fixed rate for water will show on the bill, and the next month, the water consumption charge for the past 60 days will also appear on the bill
Opening and closing City of Kent utility accounts
- Customer Service at 253-856-5201
Who do I call for utility emergencies involving water, sewer, or storm drainage?
- During regular work hours, call Public Works Operations at 253-856-5600
- After hours contact the City of Kent Police at 253-856-5800
- Public Works Operations at 253-856-5600
- Republic Services - Residential - 206-682-9735
- Republic Services - Commercial - 253-872-7220