Reach Kent Housing & Human Services
253-856-5070, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Crisis Clinic, call 2-1-1 after hours
The City partners Catholic Community Services and the Kent Lutheran Church to ensure that anyone in need of shelter during severe weather is able to access it. The shelter is located at:
Kent Lutheran Church, 336 Second Ave. S., Kent
- 9 p.m. - Check-in and registration
- 7 a.m. - Shelter closes, clients must vacate
When is the shelter open?
- When sever weather conditions exist, from November 1 - March 31, AND
- When low temperatures fall below 32 degrees for 24 or more consecutive hours and/or snow accumulation exceeds, or is expected to exceed 3 inches
- 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Who can stay at the shelter?
Residents referred by service providers, emergency services, faith groups, walk-ins, or other referrals.
- Up to 50 people, with priority given to homeless families with children
- Single men and women
Men will be housed in one room, women will be housed in another room, and families will be housed together in a third area. All must register at check-in.
As with all shelters, rules for health and safety of all clients, staff and the broader community apply.
Who operates the shelter?
Catholic Community Services staff operate the shelter along with volunteers from Kent Lutheran Church.
Learn more details about the Severe Weather Shelter by watching this video.