Kent Police Department and City Hall E-Commerce Exchange Zones
The Kent Police Department lobby and the City Hall parking lot are now available to be used by buyers and sellers who connect on Craigslist, Offer Up, and other online markets. Neither police nor City personnel may participate or act as official witnesses to the transactions. They are also not available for legal advice or to settle disputes unless 911 is called.
Safety tips for completing online transactions:
- Conduct transactions with local buyers/sellers
- Do not go to a transaction alone
- Make sure someone is aware of the transaction details
- Insist on meeting in a public place or "Exchange Zone"
- Do not go into someone’s house and do not allow them into yours
- Complete the transaction during daylight hours
- Only use cash or money orders to complete your transaction
- Trust your instincts - if it sounds like a scam it probably is
The Kent Police Department works every day to connect with residents, business owners and members of our community. In 2016, we conducted a series of focus groups to better understand our community and expectations for our police department. We would like to share with you the findings of our focus group project which also includes an action plan to better meet community expectations. Take a look!!
By using the non-emergency number, the public is ensuring that 911 will be readily available for actual emergencies. Examples of calls that are appropriate for a non-emergency operator:
- A residential, business or vehicle break-in that occurred on an earlier day
- The return of a runaway child
- Identification of additional lost or stolen property after an initial report has been made
- Lost property
- A hit and run traffic collision when no longer at the scene of the collision
2015 Kent Police Department Annual Report
We are pleased to share with you our 2015 department annual report! We hope you enjoy the captured moments throughout the report of police employees providing services to the Kent community!
Legally seized/forfeited, found and unclaimed personal property is auctioned through PropertyRoom.com. They are a 24/7 online auction site open to the general public. You never know what kind of deal you can find with hundreds of auctions, most starting at $1, with no reserve.
Everything from jewelry, coins, electronics, fashion, fine art, vehicles, and more.
False alarms impact officers' ability to focus on different crime problems.
Washington State Patrol Launches New Online Motor Vehicle Collision Report
Once the report form is completed online, the report will be automatically assigned a number. The report can be printed and it is uploaded into the Washington State Patrol databases automatically. To access the new online form, click here.
For a complete overview of the new online reporting form, click here.
Kent Crime Reports
Victim Assistance Information
Kent Police strongly believes that crime victims and witnesses must be afforded rights to protect them from criminal activity. The Information Assistance pamphlet outlines some of the protections afforded by law. The pamphlet is available in several languages.