Tuesday, July 4, 2017 - Noon to 10:30 p.m.
We have a festive lineup of music and entertainment! Join family and friends for a full day of fun and relaxation on the shores of Lake Meridian.
Free Shuttle Bus and Parking Locations (NEW SHUTTLE STOP!)
Shuttle buses run approximately every 20 minutes from each parking area to Lake Meridian.
- Kent Fire Station #75, 15635 SE 272nd St.
- Kentwood High School, 25800 164th SE
- Mattson Middle School, 16400 SE 251st St. NEW!
- (We are NO LONGER using Meridian Elementary School as a shuttle stop)
- Parking at Lake Meridian is by permit only. Only valid disabled parking plaques and permits issued by the Fourth of July Splash will be allowed. Follow event parking signs to the shuttle parking lots. Neighborhood parking is not advised as illegally parked vehicles may be ticked or towed.
- A LOAD and UNLOAD area is available at Lake Meridian Park. Police will direct you to location. One person must stay with vehicle at all times. LOAD and UNLOAD Parking is 15 minutes only. Vehicles left unattended or not actively loaded or unloaded will be towed.
Enjoy a variety of games, family activities and art projects
From Noon - 5 p.m.
- Bouncey Houses
- T-Bird Puck and Shoot
- Republic Services Recycling Activity
- Food Booths
- Old fashioned games, pie eating contest and more!
Juggling instructions by Greg Bennick!
Splash emcee, Greg Bennick introduced many future jugglers the art of juggling. He's put together an easy-to-follow step-by-step progression on how to become an expert juggler. If you want to impress friends and family at your next party or family gathering, follow the link and get ready to have some fun!
Fireworks Finale at 10 p.m.
Presented by the Lake Meridian Community Association and Kent Parks, Recreation and Community Services, with additional support from Edward Jones-Dean Saggau CFP, Lake Meridian Chiropractic, Marlatt Funeral Home, Reber Ranch, Side Track Bar and Grill, Kent East Hill Shell, Dr. Michael Campbell DDS, Meridian Valley Country Club and Dr. Corrie Pollard.
Spotlight Dance - Noon
Abigail Neilson - 12:45
Roomers Performance Team - 1:45
Pie Eating Contest - 2:30
Root5 - 3:30
Norman Baker - 4:30 p.m.
Seattle-based singer-songwriter Norman Baker grew up in Kent. His deep respect for family values and tradition is evident in his folk/roots/Americana/alt country blues music.
America’s #1 Herb Alpert Tribute show revives the soundtrack of the 1960's and beyond. The music is best described as Latin inspired instrumental pop and has achieved numerous platinum status recordings world-wide. This family friendly show authentically re-creates a sound that was quirky, retro, hip and is guaranteed to bring back fond memories! Trumpeter, Bandleader and Composer Bobby Medina has performed with many of the world’s legendary artists, including Ray Charles, Mel Torme, The Four Tops, Frankie Valli and The Temptations to name just a few. His electrifying performances are highly artistic, as well as humorous and entertaining.
Dylan Jakobsen - 8 p.m.
This country newcomer’s energy and raw emotion is garnering attention from country music diehards to industry professionals. He has opened for some of today’s biggest country stars at the youthful age of 23. Jakobsen’s rich voice with gritty undertones combines with melodic harmonica solos and a driven country rhythm to craft the perfect formula, appealing to both modern country fans and traditionalists alike.
Pull My Ear Concessions
A BIG thank you to our sponsors
- Republic Services
- Kent Lions Club
- Kent School District
- Lake Meridian Community Association
- Seattle T-Birds
- Boy Scout Troop 827
- Dr. Corrie Pollard
- Edward Jones, Dean S. Saggau, CFP
- Marlatt Funeral Home
- Reber Ranch
- Dr. Michael Campbell DDS
- Java! Java! Coffee
- Side Track Bar and Grill
- Meridian Valley Country Club