Community Garden Information
RENT A PLOT
2017 Registration Dates
Returning Gardeners: February 22, 8:00 a.m.
New Gardeners: March 8, 8:00 a.m.
Register at Kent Commons, 525 Fourth Ave. North in downtown Kent (corner of 4th and James)
Welcome to the Kent Community Garden! Our seasonal organic garden has been thriving since 1997, providing fresh food, flowers & crops, a sense of community, and the benefits of physical activity to thousands of people.
- ORGANIC GARDENING ONLY. www.omri.org to check whether your product is OK to use.
- Season: April 1 through October 30, dawn to dusk
- Location: Corner of 64th Avenue South and West James Street
- Plot Size: approximately 20' x 20'
- Cost: $45 rental/water fee + $25 refundable "good gardener" deposit
- TO REGISTER call the Kent Commons at 253-856-5000.
- Previous year returning gardeners can pre-register for the same plot until open registration starts.
- First come, first served. All plots not rented become available at open registration.
- CHECK THE PLOT MAP BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU REGISTER - SOME PLOTS HAVE SPIGOTS ON or IN THEIR BOUNDARIES.
- Produce and crops grown at the community garden may not be sold, but DO share freely with your family, friends, and neighbors. Extra produce can also be donated to the KENT FOOD BANK to help others in our community.
- Bishop's Storehouse lot at 1412 West Morton Street during business hours: Tuesday 10a to 5p, Thursday 10a to 5p, Saturday 10a to 2p
- Kent Valley Ice Centre at 6015 South 240th Street (one block west of 64th Ave on West James)
- Curb strip on West James St. near garden entry gate (at your own risk)
- Any PUBLIC and LEGAL parking space.
The Kent Community Garden is a collaborative effort between the city and the LDS Bishop’s Storehouse and Cannery, which owns the property. The volunteers of the Community Garden Leadership Group (CGLG) provide a hub for sharing information and gardening tips on site and online. We recognize and appreciate both the LDS and the CGLG for their commitment to this program – Thank you!