Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed daily from noon-1 p.m.
City of Kent - City Clerk's Office
220 Fourth Ave. N
Kent, WA 98032
The City Clerk oversees the administration of City Council meetings, including agenda development and recording and preparation of official minutes. The Clerk also provides legal notices, coordinates local elections, and serves as the custodian of the Kent City Code.
As the primary source for all official city records, the Clerk receives and coordinates all public records requests, including ordinances, resolutions and meeting minutes, as well as contracts and other documents in adherence with the City's Public Records Policy.
The Clerk provides records management to ensure the safekeeping and organization of the city's official records. The Washington State Retention Schedules administered by the Secretary of the State govern the destruction and retention of records.
Frequently Used Resources
- City Council Meetings - City Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- Public Records Center - Access to public records, submit requests for records.
- Claim for Damages - File a claim against the City of Kent.
- Public Notices - Bids and Requests for Proposal, Land Use Notices of Application, Public Hearings and Special Meeting Notices.
- Kent City Code - City laws adopted by Council.
- Interlocal Agreements - Agreements entered into with other public agencies to cooperatively share resources for mutual benefit.