How to reach us:
400 W. Gowe St., Suite 406
Kent, WA 98032
About the Budget Process
The City's budget is developed on an biyearly basis. The budget process normally begins in February and ends in December when the final balanced budget is adopted by City Council.
The City is currently preparing for the 2017-2018 Biennial Budget. The biennial budget statute requires jurisdictions electing a biennium budget to perform a mid-biennium review and modification of the adopted budget per RCW 35A.34.130. The Budget Calendar provides a timeline of events leading up to the adoption of the Mid-Biennium Budget Adjustment. Council approved the 2017-2018 Budget Calendar at the Council Workshop on May 3, 2016.
2015-16 Biennial Budget
The 2015-2016 Biennial Budget adopted on December 16, 2014 and a mid-biennium adjustment was approved by Council on December 8, 2015.
- 2016 Mid-Biennium Adjustment
- 2015-2016 Adopted Budget
- 2015-2016 Budget At a Glance
- Budget First Hearing
- CIP_First Hearing
- Financial Status Sept 16 (2014)
- 2015-2016 Council Workshop (10-7-14) ShoWare Presentation
- 2015-2016 Council Workshop (10-21-14) Department Presentations
- 2015-2016 Council Workshop (10-28-14) Department Presentations
- 2015-2016 Council Workshop (11-4-2014) Questions etc.
- 2015-2016 Council Workshop (11-18-2014) Workshop Packet
- 2015-2016 Council Workshop (12-2-2014) Other Funds
2013-14 Biennial Budget
The 2013-14 Biennial Budget was adopted by Council on December 11, 2012 and a mid-biennium adjustment was approved by Council on December 10, 2013.
- 2014 Mid-Biennium Adjustment
- 2013-14 Adopted Budget
- 2013-14 Budget At a Glance
- 2013-14 Adopted Budget Introduction
- 2013-14 Adopted Budget by Fund
- 2013-14 Adopted Budget by Department
- 2013-14 Adopted Budget Capital
- 2013-14 Adopted Budget Supplemental
Previous Budget Documents
Quarterly Financial Status Reports
- 2015 Q1 Financial Status Report
- 2015 Q2 Financial Status Report
- 2015 Q3 Financial Status Report
- 2015 Q4 Financial Status Report
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
For a copy of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for previous fiscal years, click the links below.
Council Workshop Presentations
- Capital Resources and Planning - Presented at the April 21, 2015 Council Workshop