Home > Discover
» Experience Historical Kent Celebrates City’s History
Save the Dates in 2015!
Saturday, August 15 10AM-4PM
Sunday, August 16 1:30PM-4:30PM
Walking, bus, self-guided bicycle and driving tours
Visitors and residents are invited to celebrate Kent’s past. Showcasing local history, the weekend-long celebration features special exhibits, bus and walking tours of the city’s oldest homes, businesses and cemeteries.
Saturday, August 15
- Enjoy walking tours in the Mill Creek Neighborhood and view turn of the century and great depression era homes kept in character from 72-106 years old.
- Take as stroll with local historian Eric Reitan around historic downtown and hear stories from the past.
- Wander through Neely-Soames Historic Homestead and get a glimpse of the way residents lived in 1885.
- Visit the nation’s only public museum dedicated solely to powerboat racing with vintage hydroplanes spanning seven decades.
- View over 200 classic Fords and Mustangs at the annual Bowen Scarff Ford and Lincoln show.
- Soos Creek Botanical Garden and Heritage Center presents Native American storytelling, flute music, Old Time Fiddlers, and work by local artisans.
Sunday, August 16
- Interested in genealogy? Hop on a free bus tour to four pioneer and one pet cemetery established in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.
Greater Kent Historical Museum and Mill Creek Neighborhood Historic Home and Garden Walking Tour
855 E. Smith St.
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Contact the Greater Kent Historical Museum 253.854.4330 for details.
Neely-Soames Historic Homestead Annual Open House
5311 S. 237 Place (along the Green River Trail)
Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Soos Creek Botanical Garden and Heritage Center
29308 132nd Ave. SE, Auburn
Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Hundreds of objects and photographs detailing the settling of the rugged Soos Creek Plateau, art walk, and entertainment by the Old Time Fiddlers Association
Historic Downtown Walking Tours
Corner of 2nd Ave. N. & Meeker Street
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. - 2 p.m. Each walk is limited to the first 25 people
Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum
5917 South 196th Street
Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Special free admission this day only to the nation’s primary resource for historical information on hydroplane racing!
Historic Cemeteries Bus Tour
Sunday, 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
A docent will accompany guests on this informative tour of Kent’s historic cemeteries. While the tour is free, registration is required for transportation planning.
Special thanks to Transdev Transportation for the donate of the bus and driver.
28th Annual Classic Ford Show & Mustang Roundup
1157 Central Ave. N., Kent, WA
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Free spectator admission and awards for 40+ classes of cars.